With Thanksgiving around the corner, we were inspired to create a traditional holiday dessert with a touch of Cymbiotika Magic! Our version of pumpkin pie with brain enhancing Magnesium L-Threonate icing may just be your new family favorite! Magnesium is an essential mineral that helps you feel better, think better, sleep better and truly relax into the magic and love that surrounds the holidays.
This delicious recipe is:
- Gluten free
- Sugar free and low glycemic
- Bursting with flavor
- AND… packed with the powerful brain mineral Magnesium L- Threonate which enhances memory, mood, and nourishes your cells :)
This holiday season, give the gift of health by sharing these powerful nutrients with your family and friends.
Cymbiotika’s Pumpkin Pie Recipe:
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- OR instead of individual spices ^^ sub 1 ⅓ tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch (or starch of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A few packs of Cymbiotika’s Magnesium L-Threonate (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a pie crust in a pie dish (may use store bought GF, vegan crust or make your own from scratch!)
- Add the canned pumpkin, coconut cream, monk fruit/sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt (or pumpkin spice blend) and tapioca starch to a blender & blend until very smooth. You may also whisk it together in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch pan lined with a pie crust.
- Bake for 1 hour. After this, the middle may still look jiggly; that's normal. Let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then cover and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once cooled and set, drizzle entire pie or individual slices with our Magnesium L-Threonate for a nice “icing” on top!
- Serve & enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this recipe :) When you’re done with the finished product, let us know what you think & tag us in your photos so we can see the magic you created!
The Cymbiotika Team