16 Ways to Spring Clean Your Life
9 min read
- You can spring clean your entire life–not just your home!
Spring is here! 🌷
Spring is a great time to tackle all of the chores that have been piling up since the New Year. And look, I know spring cleaning is a straightforward topic, but this year I decided to put my own twist on it. If being on this health journey has taught me anything, it's that wellness isn't just about your physical state; it's also about your emotional, mental, and spiritual state.
So, with that being said, here are 16 ways to spring clean your life!
16 ways to spring clean your life:
Spring Clean your body.
Be intentional about the food you eat. Incorporating more nutrient-dense foods in your diet will help you feel more energized and alert, whereas processed foods might cause inflammation or make you feel bloated and fatigued.
Move your body! Our bodies are meant to move every day, so find an activity you enjoy! Personally, I love low-impact exercises like walking and hot yoga, but there are so many different exercises you can do!
Incorporate supplements into your routine. Taking supplements ensures your body gets the nutrients needed to develop and function. Not sure where to start? Take Cymbiotika’s health quiz!
- Practice gratitude. Love yourself and your body! The human body is truly a beautiful and amazing thing. Everyone has good and bad days in regard to body image, but remember, your body works hard to protect you and keep you healthy every day.
Want an extra boost to help you spring-clean your body? Check out Cymbiotika’s most-loved supplements for whole-body wellness:
- Super Greens boosts energy and helps reduce bloating.
- Metabolic Health supports metabolism and reduces sugar cravings.
- ParaX fortifies the immune system and rids the body of unwanted pathogens.
- Probiotic supports gut health and healthy digestion.
Spring Clean your mind.
- Cleanse your feed of anything that doesn’t make you feel good – especially if you follow influencers. Nowadays, so many images are photoshopped that it’s hard to tell what’s real and what’s fake! You might think these posts are harmless to scroll by, but research shows that exposure to unrealistic body types is linked to lower body image¹. Unfollow accounts that don’t empower you!
- Reduce your screen time. I’m guilty of spending hours on TikTok, but I want to be more present. Try incorporating other hobbies into your routine, so you’re not tempted to pick up your phone as much. Reading, trying new recipes, and spending time with friends are some of my favorite things!
- Prioritize yourself! If you are juggling a million things at once or just feel drained, that could be a sign that you are in need of some “me time.” Put some time in the books for you – your future self will thank you!
- Spend more time in the sun! Did you know when the sun hits your skin, your brain releases a hormone² called serotonin? Being in the sun literally makes you feel happy! What’s better, spending time outside grounds us and supports the nervous system and immune function.
Need some support to help you spring-clean your mind? Check out Cymbiotika’s supplements to help you reach peak mental clarity:
- Adrenal Super Tonic helps supports the body’s ability to respond to stress.
- Golden Mind increases focus and alertness and calms the central nervous system.
- Magnesium boosts brain power and improves memory.
Spring Clean your environment.
- Switch to non-toxic cleaning products. Most cleaning products on our shelves contain toxic chemicals that can cause all types of problems, from triggering asthma attacks to damaging your throat, nose, eyes, and lungs. Using all-natural cleaning products is a far healthier and safer choice for you and your family.
- Reevaluate your relationships. Remember, relationships are a two-way street! If you can’t be your authentic self, are unhappy, or just find that the relationship is one-sided, it might be time to re-evaluate whether the relationship (platonic or romantic) is worth holding on to.
- Get a good shower filter. Depending on where you live, you could have very toxic municipal water, which can negatively affect your hair, skin, and overall health! Being mindful of what you absorb and making the necessary changes can help you
- Improve your indoor air quality. While an air purifier can certainly improve indoor air quality, you can add more greenery to increase oxygen and reduce indoor toxins. A snake plant is a great low-maintenance option as they don’t need much light or water. They’ll also naturally introduce more oxygen into indoor spaces!
Need some support to help you spring-clean your environment? Check out these Cymbiotika best-sellers for a healthy home and body:
- This shower filter ensures your water immediately goes through an oxidation-reduction process where the chlorine atoms are converted into harmless chloride ions. Read more about it here.
- Activated Charcoal binds to the toxins in your body for detoxification.
- Super Greens is a powerful antioxidant that supports cellular detoxification.
- Coated Silver neutralizes viruses, fungi, yeast, and mold.
Spring Clean your rituals.
- Take time to journal. While it may sound silly, journaling helps purge some of my anxiety, leading to a better night’s sleep and more energy to accomplish my task. When you spend time with yourself, you get to know yourself better and see clearly in the present moment.
- Swap out coffee for matcha. Drinking matcha allows me to slow down, take my time, and breathe. Packed full of antioxidants, it’s delicious and good for your health!
- Drink natural spring water. High-quality spring water is rich in magnesium, potassium, calcium, sodium, and other important minerals. It’s naturally more alkaline than regular water, so it builds immunity in the body. Here’s a resource to help you find natural spring water near you.
- Meditate. When we take time to meditate, we focus on centering ourselves physically and emotionally before continuing our day. In fact, I love meditating first thing in the morning, and I actually won’t even check my phone. I challenge you to do the same!
Need more ideas on how you can spring-clean your rituals? Try these intentionally-crafted formulas:
- Shilajit helps you feel grounded in the morning and has over 84+ essential minerals (it’s also yummy in a hot cup of tea!)
- Try adding Molecular Hydrogen to your morning water to reduce free radicals and reduce oxidative stress.
Even though I LOVE reorganizing, I want to focus more on self-care and doing what feels good for me. I hope you’ll join me and look for ways you can elevate your life and well-being with these spring cleaning tips!
Happy spring cleaning!
As a lifestyle writer and health enthusiast, I’m excited to bring my passion for storytelling to Cymbiotika. Two things you should know about me: I love interior decorating, and I’m obsessed with supplements. My kitchen counter literally overflows with supplements and powders. This passion led me to buy my first Cymbiotika product. I tried the Liposomal Magnesium L-Threonate and was so impressed by how it gave me more energy and cleared up my brain fog that I wanted to share this brand with as many people as possible. Shortly after, I’m here doing just that. I’m excited to be on this journey of better health with Cymbiotika, and I’m excited to share it with you here on the blog.
Reviewed by: Dr. Pejman Taghavi
Medical Director, Hollywood Healthcare
Clinical Instructor, Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
Dr. Pejman Taghavi is a specialist in the field of Diagnostic and Interventional Abdominal and Musculoskeletal Radiology. As medical director of Hollywood Healthcare and faculty at UCLA Medical Center, Dr. Taghavi offers extensive expertise in the field of radiology, with publications in the Society of Skeletal Radiology and Chicago Radiological Society, among others. Dr. Taghavi is passionate about the healing of muscles and joints without relying on oral pain medications. Dr. Taghavi has experience working with high-level athletes from the LA Lakers, LA Dodgers, and UCLA Bruins.
- NIH. A systematic review of the impact of the use of social networking sites on body image and disordered eating outcomes. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26995158/
- NIH. Benefits of Sunlight. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2290997/